Guided Canoe Trip: Moonlight Tour II
Thursday, June 9, 2022, 7:30pm | Highway 280 Cahaba Bridge
Cahaba River Society offers guided float trips on the Cahaba River. We can supply canoes, paddles, life jackets, and a naturalist with the expertise to allow you a unique, up-close experience with the Cahaba River.
A moonlit evening on the Cahaba is a delightful, unique, and relaxing way to enjoy a flat water portion of the Cahaba. We usually hear a variety of wildlife, and often see hundreds of glowworms. These outings begin at dusk at the old Highway 280 bridge. We paddle about two hours in the 280 pool and then return to the same place we put in.
How much does it cost?
We request a donation for each person over the age of 12 for the use of our boats and equipment and to cover staff time.
Requested Donation Levels:
- Donation for members: $20*
- Donation for non-members: $40 (includes membership)*
- Children under 12: No charge, but everyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
*Donation must be made at the time of reservation either online or over the phone.
Life vests are required for all participants.
Policies for Educational Outings
- You must request a reservation by clicking the links above or calling 205-322-5326 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. Space on trips is given on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Once a trip is full, you may request to be added to a wait list and notified of cancellations.
- If you make a reservation and then discover you cannot attend, please let us know so we may offer the canoe to someone on our waiting list.
- Participants are required to follow the trip leader’s guidance regarding safety and behavior, including always wearing shoes and always wearing a life jacket (provided) when you are in a canoe and no alcohol use during the outing.
- Please be on time for departure.
- You should bring your own lunch. Remember that being outside in hot weather will require much more water than usual to keep you hydrated.
- HATS and SUNSCREEN will save you great discomfort!
- Novice paddlers are encouraged to attend a training session directed by instructors with the Birmingham Canoe Club. For additional details, see “CLASSES” button at www.birminghamcanoeclub.org.